MARBLE CAKE - ŠARKELJ
Slovenia is well known for its delicious cuisine. There are quite a lot of different dishes and desserts that are known as traditional Slovenian food. One of them is also a dessert cake called šarkelj. Šarkelj or marble cake is a traditional Slovenian dessert.
As always with my recipes, there is a twist. I'm going to share a healthy šarkelj recipe with you. Preparation will take you only a few minutes so let's get started.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE VANILLA LAYER
- 2 whole eggs
- 220g of spelt flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of sweetener of your choice (I've used one in ratio sugar:sweetener=1:10)
- 30g of coconut oil (melt it)
- 30g of low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp of rum
- 120 ml of water
INGREDIENTS FOR A CHOCOLATE LAYER
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened cacao
INGREDIENTS FOR THE TOPPING
- 50g of dark chocolate with no added sugar (at least 72%)
If you decide to make this delicious mini marble cakes let us know what you think.